Linwood House is an established drug and alcohol detoxification and residential rehabilitation centre located in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. The centre provides adult in-patient treatment for substance abuse and dependence including alcohol, cocaine, cannabis, heroin, opiates, legal highs and prescription drugs. Our therapy approach is focussed on helping you address your dependence on drugs or alcohol and empowering you to make choices and the changes you need to make in order to achieve your recovery goals.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) pays regular visits to Linwood House, making sure that we are keeping the high standards of service our clients are used to. From employee satisfaction and specialisation to client safety and cleanliness, the CQC rates our services. Thanks also to their reviews, UKAT has become one of the top addiction rehab providers in the United Kingdom, and Linwood House is part of UKAT.
Linwood House’s last report rated us ‘Good’. Read more here.
Why Choose Linwood House?
We offer a high-value solution to drug and alcohol addiction treatment that’s affordable. Our 36-bed inpatient rehab clinic based in Barnsley, with excellent access to the M62 and railway networks.
- 24/7 “around the clock” dedicated support
- You’ll benefit from all the help and support from our friendly and compassionate team. We’re here to offer the tools and resources necessary to help you overcome your addiction.
- All-inclusive treatment – what you see is what you pay!
- At Linwood House, we believe in being upfront about pricing. You’re here to get well and not for you to worry about hidden extras. Just like a holiday, everybody knows that by going all-inclusive will save you money. We love all-inclusive, so the price you see is the price you pay!
- Fast admissions and in most cases the same day!
- With private treatment, we don’t believe in putting you on a long waiting list! Facing addiction is an illness that requires immediate attention.
- You’ll get your own private room!
- At Linwood, we don’t believe in sharing a room. You’ll have your own space to rest and relax. You’re here to get well and to be undisturbed.
- Bespoke treatment to suit your needs
- Every patient is different. That’s why at Linwood House we offer unique treatment based on your requirements. Once you arrive at Linwood House, you’ll meet our medical professional for an initial assessment, who will ensure that you are on the best treatment possible.
- You will have wholesome homemade meals
- On any recovery programme, having good quality nutritious food is essential. You will have fresh homemade cooking provided by our in-house catering team. Dietary and any allergies discussed on admission.
- We will take care of all your needs
- At Linwood House, we want you to focus on your course of treatment and getting well. We have laundry facilities and will provide you with lovely meals. We have entertainment rooms where you can watch TV, listen to music and you’ll have access to a beautiful garden, where you can get plenty of fresh air.
- Need help? Patients can call our 24/7 support line
- Remember we’re here to help! When it comes to recovery from drug or alcohol addiction our work is never done, patients can benefit from calling our 24/7 support line.
- 12 months free aftercare
- For patients that stay at Linwood House for three weeks or more, you will benefit from free aftercare.
- Help & support from those that have overcome their addiction
- At our aftercare workshops and group therapy sessions you will receive practical help and advice to you remain addiction free.
Frequently asked questions
Drug or alcohol rehab can work. However, this requires a 100% commitment from the individual. Nobody can force anyone to go. This is a choice that must be made by the alcohol or drug user.
When someone enters rehab, the individual will be in a substance-free environment. Away from modern-day stresses, distractions and temptations, you will not be judged, and the dedicated staff at the facility will fully support you.
In rehab, there will be others in the same position as you, who are facing similar challenges but that are ultimately heading for the same goal – to lead a life of abstinence away from drugs or alcohol.
A residential facility allows you to immerse yourself in the process of recovery. You will be surrounded by like-minded individuals that will provide moral support and help you on your journey.
For immediate family members, friends and relatives this can be very reassuring, as you will be in an environment where you will receive specialist care.
For those suffering from a severe drug or alcohol addiction, this puts tremendous strain and worry on immediate family members. Not only can this be dangerous for the drug or alcohol user, but can be unpredictable and volatile for the family members too.
It is not recommended to start a drug or alcohol withdrawal process from home. The withdrawal process of drug and alcohol dependency has a variety of consequences that can be overwhelming and even life-threatening. For the sake of the family and everyone involved it’s best to go to rehab – as around the clock care is available.
This service is offered in the strictest confidence. Nobody will know you are seeking treatment unless you choose to tell people.
As a ballpark figure for 28 days in rehab, you are looking around £6,000. Each rehab clinic varies in price. It is important to remember that rehab is a dedicated facility purposely built to help individuals recover from their addiction.
- Your medical history
- Your drug and alcohol usage
- Any medication you could be taking
- If you have any allergies
Based on your answers, we will create a tailor-made treatment programme to help you withdraw from the addiction.
In most cases, you’ll be given a substitute drug to help you wean off the addictive substance. The withdrawal process or detoxification process, allows you to remove the unwanted substance from the body.
The detox process can vary depending upon the tolerance of substance use. Alcohol detox can take 7 to 10 days, and drug detox may take 10 to 21 days.
During this period, the patient will have two daily therapy sessions and will be working towards rehab.
After successful completion of detox, patients will move to rehab. For many, this is where people discover themselves. Patients find out their motives, what triggers them and what makes them turn to drugs or alcohol.
By being in an environment away from the outside world, an individual is free to find themselves and the cause of the addiction. There are no outside influences. Our rehab unit is a safe haven. By taking part in one-to-one therapy sessions and group therapy sessions, you’ll discover what causes temptation and relapse. More importantly, the skills of how to stay drug or alcohol-free. Rest assured you’ll be in the safe company of others, going through the same process.
Throughout your stay, you will receive around-the-clock care, be shielded from external pressures and discover how to overcome old behavioural patterns.
We understand that entering rehab is not a one size fits all approach. Every individual has their own unique set of circumstances and personal issues to face. There is no cure for drug or alcohol addiction. However, what rehabilitation does is offer the tools and skills necessary to work towards abstinence on a daily basis and resist temptation. The real test is when someone leaves, goes back to the normal world and returns to their normal routines.
For anyone to overcome any addiction requires determination, commitment and ongoing support from ourselves, friends, family and loved ones. That is why we offer 12 months free aftercare for anyone that has stayed in rehab for three weeks or more.
You will be surprised by the number of people that turn up to rehab without bringing a change of clothing. It is important to bring and wear comfortable clothing. We suggest at least one week’s worth of clean clothes. Our friendly team will take care of your laundry needs as well as fresh bed linen.
Make sure you bring your toothpaste, toothbrush and shower gel. Please do not bring any perfume or aftershave as these are alcohol-based products.
For those entering drug or alcohol rehab, it is imperative to bring any prescribed medication. When you arrive at Linwood House, you will see a health professional who will do an initial assessment. Any medication must be reviewed before starting a detox programme.
Any reading materials
While in rehab you’ll be involved in various therapy sessions. In between sessions, you will have a lot of time to relax and it is essential to keep yourself free from boredom. That is why we recommend you bring some reading material to keep yourself occupied.
You can speak to a member of our admissions team on 03301 736 751 We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our team will offer you compassionate yet confidential advice.
A nurse will carry out a pre-admission telephone assessment, where we will discuss:
- the patient’s medical history
- any medication the patient is on
- the quantities of substances that he or she is taking
- the strength of the patient’s dependency on drugs or alcohol.
Before admission, all treatments must be paid in full. We accept credit and debit cards.
Some patients just choose to pay for detox, whereas others will proceed on to rehab. For the greater success of remaining abstinent, we strongly recommend that patients go through both detox and rehab. It’s vital to withdraw all the toxins and chemicals from out the body. So that, patients can learn the skills to overcome triggers and temptation in the future.
- Patients can call our therapists for telephone support, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and our support
staff 24 hours a day.
- 12 months free aftercare is available to patients that have spent 3 weeks or more in our facility.
- We offer monthly aftercare workshops and Family workshops
- We also offer 3 on-site Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) weekly.
- We never tell anyone that someone is in rehab. Everyone has a right to anonymity.
- You don’t need your GP to refer you to rehab.
Wholesome nutritious food will be given and plenty of time to rest and recover. All patients benefit from their own private room, allowing the chance to rest without being disturbed.
During the rehab process, patients will be involved in a variety of treatments including:
- music therapy
- arricular acupuncture
- art therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- group sessions
- one to one therapy sessions.
At Linwood House, our goal is to offer high value yet affordable treatment to all.
In between therapy sessions, patients will have time to rest and reflect on the treatment they’ve experienced. For many, rehab can be a “life-changing moment” as patients can start to truly understanding themselves, their motives behind the addiction, how to overcome it and how to prevent such further behaviour in the future.
Rehab allows patients to grasp “the science of addiction”. Patients will be surrounded by like-minded individuals that are overcoming their own battles with addiction.
When patients are looking to reach the same outcome, there is a great deal of empathy, encouragement and compassion which helps others to succeed.
While in rehab patients will explore their:
- how to prevent them
- how to make positive life-changing decisions.
It’s important to take one day at a time. At Linwood House, we are here every step of the way
Services we offer
Pharmalogical detox under medical supervision in a residential environment.
A range of therapies giving you the tools to stay sober, clean and live a full life
Pharmalogical detox under medical supervision in a residential environment.
A range of therapies giving you the tools to stay drug free, clean and live a full life
Treatments we offer
We’re here to treat cannabis addiction.
We deal with all levels of cocaine addiction.
We offer compassionate heroin addiction treatment.
Please complete the contact form below. Your message will be treated as confidential, however, we request that you do not provide any sensitive information. Use the form below to get in touch with us directly.