Easy Admissions Process
We understand that the point at which you look for help with your addiction is usually a point in your life when you have hit rock bottom and can be extremely distressing for you and your loved ones. All admissions need to be pre-booked but we understand that there is often an urgency to your situation and can usually accommodate a new admission within 24 hours.
Steps to admittance
At the initial enquiry call we will take some basic information whether it is you wanting to use the service, a family member or referral agency. All calls are treated in strictest confidence and it is also a chance to ask us any questions.
The costs will be discussed and explained in your initial call and we will then arrange to take payment. Payment in full is required at time of booking and before commencement of treatment.
If you are arriving by train we can collect you from Barnsley Station. If you require transport from your home we can arrange a taxi service and the cost for this will be added to your treatment.
You will receive an assessment from a Nurse Prescriber and your substance history discussed. If you are being admitted for detox, your detox plan will be discussed and agreed with the doctor.
Our team will then show you around, so you can familiarise yourself with the layout and give you a welcome pack that explains all you need to know about your stay with us.
What to bring with you?
Here is a suggested list of things to bring with you –
- Nightwear, including slippers and dressing gown
- Comfortable loose clothing
- Medication – please bring all medication you are taking as well as your GP details
- Mobile phone, laptops, tablets and chargers – use of these items will be restricted but will be kept safe by our support workers
- Personal items – you may wish to bring cigarettes, family photos, jewellery you wear every day and any important paperwork you may need to deal with during your stay
There is no need to bring any laundry items as we have full facilities at Linwood House.
If you would like to discuss our admissions process in more detail call us on 01226 422 545 for a confidential discussion